Do you believe surveys? Sometimes it is hard, we agree. But, hey, don’t we need to laugh too, so we wanted to share this digest with you. And it is a good excuse for us to say something we do believe.
You will be shocked at what some of us actually believe. Some of the numbers are funny and others are stunning. But they all say something about who we are.
• 90% of all Americans believe they are eating healthy, while 36% of us are obese.
• 70% of all us do not feel engaged or inspired at our jobs.
• 60% of Americans are feeling “angry or irritable”, 10 points increase vs. two years ago. 36% of Americans admit they have yelled at a customer service agent last year.
• 65% of Americans are dissatisfied with the effectiveness of the U.S. government system. Only 8% believe that government is doing a “good” job.
• 56% of Americans believe that it is acceptable for the government to track telephone records of Americans in order to keep us safe. 51% agree that “it is necessary to give up some civil liberties in order to make the country safe from terrorism”.
• 30% of all American workers have $1,000 or less saved for retirement.
• 56% of all Americans are considered to have “sub-prime credit”.
• 29% of Americans under the age of 35 are living with their parents.
• 63% of all Americans between the ages of 18 and 24 cannot find Iraq on a map, according to the National Geographic Society.
• There are more Americans who believe aliens have visited Earth than those who believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
• 24% of people around the world consider the United States to be the biggest threat to world peace. Pakistan is on the second place…, according to a survey by the Worldwide Independent Network.
And don’t we just love technology. 61% of us believe that having a good knowledge about today’s technology is important. Well, then how do we explain this?
• 29% of us believe that “cloud computing” involves a real cloud.
• 11% think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
• 27% believe a gigabyte is an insect.
• 15% think software is comfortable clothing.
• 12% believe that USB is an acronym for a country.
• 18% believe Blu-ray is a sea animal.
• 42% think that a motherboard is the deck of a cruise ship.
And, finally, some facts of our every-day life:
• 48% of us sing in the shower.
• 40% never give or receive flowers.
• 18% brush teeth 3 or more times a day.
• 29% of us don’t like our neighbors.
Do we believe in surveys? Yes, we do. So let us help you with your next “meaningful” survey.
Contact MaCorr Research a Free Consultation.